Fire Station No. 2 was originally built in 1927 and was designated as historical Building. The restoration and renovation of this facility, featuring two-stories and 4 bays, including reconstructing the second floor and the roof which brought back the historical charm of what once was, while making better use of the space to facilitate for Fire Station #2 and designated office space. Creative
solution was required to maintain the exterior walls while stiffening them from the inside by shotcrete to meet today wind loads.
- Dade Heritage Trust, 2014
- Florida Trust for Historic Preservation, 2014