The Plantation Fire Station 1 is a 15,550 SF two-story facility designed to replace the City of Plantation's oldest single-story fire station. The original fire station was built in 1957 and meant to accommodate two small fire trucks and was not built to accommodate a staff operating twenty-four hours of the day. The new facility will accommodate increased staff occupancy and new operational needs. The construction of this state-of-the-art facility cannot disrupt the ongoing daily operations of the existing structure. In turn, a temporary facility will be constructed adjacent to the construction of this new facility. This fire station is designed to remain operational even in high category 5 hurricane winds.